JANUARY 2021 – Our offices, along with much of the UK, are currently in ‘Tier 4’, therefore we are limiting our surveys and inspections to ‘key’ and ‘critical’ infrastructure projects, and emergency callouts only, in line with Government guidelines. Work outside of these parameters will be rescheduled to a later date.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) spread is emotionally challenging for many people, changing day-to-day life in unprecedented ways. Therefore, all sections of society, should play a role to protect themselves and each other and help prevent further spread of the disease.
RMC have implemented additional COVID-19 health and safety measures in an attempt to halt the spread of the coronavirus and to keep our staff and clients as safe as possible:
- RMC staff temperature checks will be carried out and logged before each job. If a reading is above 37.5 degrees, the staff member must immediately self isolate and request a COVID-19 test
- All RMC staff are required to “Check in” to every client site using the NHS Test and Trace smartphone app (where available)
- No-contact policy with all customers (i.e. no handshaking)
- PPE, including gloves and/or facemasks where appropriate, will be worn by RMC staff. PPE is to be disposed of in COVID-19 bins installed in all RMC vehicles only
- All RMC staff to carry anti-bacterial alcohol-based hand-sanitizer at all times
- A 2m distance must be maintained between RMC staff, clients, members of the public and/or emergency services personnel at all times whilst working. UAV/drone pilots will be provided with a 2m “safe area” barrier system which is to be used at the discretion of the pilot
- All RMC equipment is to be cleaned between usage to maintain a high level of hygiene and reduce the risk of cross contamination
- All RMC vehicles to be deep-cleaned on a regular basis, with high contact areas on a daily basis
- Where the client requests to see images/video on-site, a wireless monitor or remote downlink will be provided free or charge (arrangements to be made in advance where possible)
- We ask that if clients are made aware of a confirmed COVID-19 case that they inform us immediately and follow the current Government guidelines to ensure the safety of others